Located close to the equator (45 minute by air from Ho Chi Minh City), and described by The New York Times as '...one of Southeast Asias most untouched and breathtaking getaways', Con Dao archipelago enjoys a warm tropical climate.
The average temperature is 27 degrees Celsius. Sea conditions are calm, certain times of the year, throughout the archipelago which makes for excellent swimming, snorkeling and diving all year round. The island also benefits from abundant shade provided by evergreen trees.
Condao Island offers abundance of activities to entertain all ages and satisfy the most discerning of tastes for those who seek to hideaway for a couple of days and as well for those who combine beach break and discovery for weeks.
* Immersing yourself in the local culture, meeting the local people and experiencing the simple life provided on Con Dao;
* Visiting historical monuments throughout Con Dao dating back to the French colonial era and further to the days when the East India Company and Portuguese merchants frequented the island;
* Witnessing dawn break as the sun rises over Hon Bay Canh and then watching the sunset over “Love” Mountain;
* Diving excursions taught and lead by certified dive masters to see coral reefs and underwater life (Diving and snorkeling at Con Dao is among the best in Vietnam with 1,300 species of sea life in protected Con Dao National Park including rare, endangered species such as green turtles and the mysterious dugong);
* Seasonal observation of turtles nesting on the beach at Hon Bay Canh and witnessing the baby tortoises hatch and return to sea;
* Hiking and trekking through the mangroves and mystical forests, exploring Con Dao’s diverse flora and fauna, including indigenous species of monkeys and black squirrels;
Sample tour options (*) Contact our travel consultants for more details and booking.
Early Morning Market Tour / 3 hours
This is a great opportunity to feel the heartbeat of local daily life in the fresh early morning; we will transport you to first to Ben Dam fishing harbour where you will see the days fresh catch coming in. Then back to the local market where you can see the all the fresh fruits, vegetables, and fresh fish that the market has to offer.
Le Tour de Con Dao / 1 day
Feel like discovering the countryside and find out what Vietnamese daily life is really like? Here is the perfect plan. Cycle through the island with our local guide, who will take you through tiny villages and their private rice paddies and meet the farmers who care for them; experience the town at another pace and feel the SLOW LIFE in the air.
Con Son Marine Discovery / 1 day
Head to the outer islands of the Con Dao archipelago by private speedboat and discover some of Con Dao’s best kept secrets. A private speed boat will take you “island hoping” to discover the underwater life surrounding Vietnam’s premier Marine Protected Area.
Kayak/Hobie Cat Picnic Getaway / 1 day
Take your choice of Hobie Cat or Kayak for a guided tour around the bay in front of the resort before stopping at the secluded Lo Voi Beach by yourself for as long as you like.
Sit and enjoy complete isolation with a fresh Gourmet Market Hamper from Chef’s kitchen.
Sunset Cruise / 3 hours
This unique experience is by speedboat from Con Son Marina. We will cruise round to the western side of the island passing between Con Son and Hon Ba, witnessing the beauty of Lovers Cove before stopping on the far side of Hon Ba (Grandmother Island). Here you’ll witness the sun slowly setting and an impossible display of colours in the horizon.